chicken with saffron and chillirating:
From an Olive Magazine mini-book but not on the website.
serves 4. Ready in 30 minutes.
pinch of saffron threads
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
mint, chopped to make 2 TBS
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 lemon, juiced and the skin cut into chunks
4 chicken breasts (with skin on)
150g peas, fresh or frozen
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Put the saffron, chilli, mint, garlic, 3 TBS oil, half the lemon juice, the lemon skin pieces with the chicken into a plastic bag or a bowl and leave until ready to cook.
2. Heat the grill tomedium high. Put the chicken, skin side up, on a roasting tray with the marinade. Sprinkle salt over the skin and grill until the skin is crisp and golden - about 7-10 minutes.
3. Turn over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl, pour over 400ml boiling water, cover and leave until all the water has been absorbed.
5. Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drainand mix into the couscous aong with the tomato, thre rest of the lemonjuice and lots of seasoning. Serve with the chicken, lemon chunks and any juices.
Nutritional info per serving (quarter of the above): 425 kcals; 38.4g protein; 39.9g carbs; 13.4g fat (2.7g saturated fat) 2.7g finre; 1.07g salt