crackers for cheeserating:
1 cup flour
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 cup parmesan
120 gms soft butter
1/4 cup milk (or cream!) thereabouts
Your choice of sesame seeds/poppy seeds/fresh or dried herbs
sea salt & coarse pepper to sprinkle on top
- Put flour, salt, parmesan and seasonings into a bowl
- Rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add milk (or cream) til the mixture holds but is not sticky
- Divide into four portions then roll one portion out at a time onto a sheet of baking paper. Transfer the dough and paper onto a baking tray and then score into desired size using a pizza cutter
- Sprinkle on sea salt and /or pepper
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for approx 10 minutes and once cooled, break into crackers.
From 'The Curious Cook'